Inspiring 7th and 8th grade girls to consider careers in STEM through hands on, interactive activities led by real world tech professionals. The girls will have the chance to work alongside their peers as well as impressive volunteers who are currently working or studying in STEM fields. Volunteers are made up of Covidien-Medtronic employees as well as professionals from CTC’s member companies and Women of Innovation program.
About being a mentor:
Mentors talk with the students about their experiences and careers and to guide them through the challenges created by the CT Science Center Staff Scientists. If you would like to be a mentor for this year’s program please use the mentor registration below.
- 8:30 -9:00am | Arrival, Registration & Breakfast
- 9:00 – 9:30am | Opening Presentations and activities
- 9:30 -10:30am | Science Challenges in Exhibit Galleries: five, 10-minute rotating challenges
- 10:30-11:15am | eesmarts wind turbine challenge
- 11:15-12:00pm | Covidien science exploration
- 12:00-12:30pm | Wrap-up and team challenge results
- 12:30-1:30pm | Lunch and genius box challenge
- 1:30 – 2:45pm | Science center free exploration
- 2:45 – 3:00pm | Parent pick up and event conclusion
All attendees must be entering 7th or 8th grade – registration is required.